Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] szeik@hotmail.com is offline

Default bleeding a hot water heating system

Hi,

We have a relatively new gas boiler - 5 years old I think. This last
year I've been hearing a lot of gurgling in the pipes and I figured it
was time to bleed the system.

Well, I seem to have done more harm then good. I bled the upstairs
radiators and at first I heard some air come out - or maybe it went in
through the bleeder valve. I'm not sure. But now there is no heat at
all on the second floor which has 3 radiators. Downstairs seems to be
functioning fine.
Upstairs I did not get any water coming out of the bleeder valves.

Downstairs I did get water coming out when I bled the radiators.

I am thinking the system must need a lot more water in it which I know
is supposed to fill automaticaly but maybe that part is not working.

Prior to my trying to do this we were getting some heat on the second
floor. Kind of strange. I think I must have let more air into the
system probably because it is already full of air and not functioning
properly.

I guess it's time to call a professionsal.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks in advance,
Steve