Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Fixing metal to plastic

On 2006-11-22 18:30:01 +0000, "tim\(yet another new home\)"
said:

"Clive George" wrote in message
"tim(yet another new home)" wrote in
message ...

And secondly, it is absolutely clear that the item has been
broken due to misuse. So, as it is marked down on the
inventory as unbroken, that misuse will fall to me, even
though this wasn't the case.

So who did misuse it then?

Obviously, one of the 9 previous tenants for which I am still
getting post.

One of the things that the agent has so far done wrong was
to deny that there were previous tenants. But all the
evidence suggests otherwise.

tim

OK.

Now the bigger picture helps and the dilemma is clear.

How long are you planning to stay there? That would determine
whether perhaps you want to make a bodge (which clearly you can deny as
long as it's not visually obvious); or whether you want to make a
proper repair, sourcing the correct spares and doing it properly. A
sticking job isn't going to be long lived. OTOH, if you are planning
to stay for a year or two, perhaps it's worth doing a proper job....