Andrew Gabriel

Default Deoderising microwave oven

In article ,
(slifkin) writes:
Any suggestions on how to deoderise my microwave oven ? I was doing
popcorn and it burnt, leaving a terrible smell.

I made the mistake late one evening on ariving home hungry of
searching the freezer for something, and finding a packet of microwave
chips. These were left over from when I'd ripped the kitchen out ~4
years ago and only had a microwave for a month. All right, they were
4 years past their date, but what can happen to microwave chips?
Well, I'll tell you what happens -- they completely freeze dry, leaving
potato powder and oil. When you put that mixture in the microwave for
3 minutes, after about 20 seconds it explodes into flames, which made
the most revolting smell. It took several weeks, but eventually the
smell has gone from the microwave.

The product label should probably be more explicit about not using that
product past its best before date;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel