Posted to alt.home.repair
Not@home Not@home is offline

Default Question about very, very high gloss interior paint

A polyurethane enamel will give good results. If brush marks are a
problem, use something like penetrol. You can usually find a good
variety of polyurethanes at places that sell marine equipment and
supplies. I've had consistently good results with Pettit easypoxy
topside enamel.

Al wrote:
I'm getting ready to paint some woodwork in my home.

A few years ago I had been through a home where the woodwork was painted
with an extremely high gloss white paint. I liked how it looked and was
interested in doing something similar. The paint was glossy enough it almost
looked like an epoxy paint, but I don't think it was. It was way more glossy
than standard high gloss interior paint. There were no brush marks in it. It
had an almost "glass like" finish. I did a search on google, but didn't
identify anything that seemed like that kind of paint.

Any ideas what kind of paint that might have been?

Thanks

Al