Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default removing pipe

Tony Pacc wrote:
I want to install a new sink in the bathroom,I cant seem to remove a 1 1/2"
drain pipe that goes into the wall,I screwed the nut off but cant seem to
budge it,it's thin pipe and it pretty corroded,it seems like it should slide
out,I tried penetrating oil but it doesn't help .Thanks

I've had a similar problem. I solved it by taking a
hack saw and cutting the pipe off about 2 to 3 inches
out from the wall. Then I used a double ended coupling
to hook the trap to the pipe coming out of the wall.

So far that has worked quite well for me.

Bill Gill