Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Morse Morse is offline

Default Help, how do I dry out wet camcorder?

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"mm" wrote in message

When I had a sal****er aquarium, I would find salt on the out sides of
it and on the desk I kept it on, even though no one was touching the
tank except me, and I wasn't spilling any water.

I guess somehow it evaporates and condenses outside the tank. Isn't
there an expression, or did I make it up, about salt in the air?

No, you are correct. I have seen audio CDs, stored about a block away from
the ocean, where the salt has corroded its way into the 'spiral groove'
and destroyed the CD.

One only has to observe the effects on cars which spend their lives near the
sea- they tend to rot quicker than cars that live inland.

Morse