Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Concrete lintel decoration

John Anderton wrote:
lemmy wrote:
There is an ugly concrete lintel on a barn at my place - see at:
www.dthorpe.net/viewing/

I'm trying to think of a way to pretty it up a little but can only
think to paint it. Where it is, it really gets the brunt of the
weather. Would I need special paints/ undercoats for concrete for a
long lasting finish?
If anyone has a better idea than painting, I'd be delighted to hear it

What about facing it with hardwood planking so it looks like a wooden beam?

You could render it or buy a slice of oak or something to cover it. You
aught to get a colour similar to the stonework if you render it and get
the oak or whatever treated if you clad it.

It looks to be 16 or 17 feet long, so finding a single length of slab,
whatever the material, might be difficult. Of course, living in the
country you might be able to find a timber mill more easily than most.

Why was such a crappy pour set up in the first place? It wouldn't have
taken much to make it look a little more presentable, would it?