Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] blah@blah.com is offline

Default HELP! New floor & now fridge won't fit under kitchen cabinets ( PICs )

Thanks for your feedback. I've been examining this further. It looks
like where I'd have to put the notch interferes with where there are
some fasteners that hold the cabinet together. At the corners where
the cut(s) would be, there's a screw that holds the joint together.
So, it looks like I can't notch out where I need to.

It looks like I can raise just the section above the fridge, and since
I only need the raise it by about 3/8 of an inch, I think the molding
at the top will hide the mismatch at the top edge (after I reinstall
it) and I can drop the two cabinet doors above the fridge about 3/8 of
an inch to keep them matched up with the other (unmoved) doors.

I have the section above the fridge all loosened up and it seems like
it's in between the adjacent cabinets and the wall on the right pretty
tight. I think I can just slide it up 3/8 of an inch and drive some
new fasteners (longer just to be safe). Need to wait to my help gets
here tomorrow though...

Then I'll just have to do a bit of painting to cover up the witness
marks.

Hope the cabinets move up pretty easy...I'm counting on it. :-O