Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Compressor Question

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Good information. As a practical matter, three nails a minute is probably a
lot when lining up the sticks to nail.

I guess that depends. When I was framing houses I hit the gun as fast
as it would go and never let it stop unless I had to throw more boards
in the wall (ballon framing). If all I got was three nails a minute
(try it *bang* time out twenty seconds *bang* check the watch for
another twenty then *bang*) I would have set the compressor and nailer
on fire and let it burn. All these years later I can still hand drive
16d commons faster than that.

On the other hand, I have almost the same compressor from Bostitch and
run an N95 Bostitch from it. For my remodeling and light framing, it
works great. If you are not a hard user the compressor and gun will be
a good match.

Robert