Posted to alt.home.repair

Default carbon filter for water filter

"car crash" wrote in message
oups.com...
We have a strong smell in hot and cold water. All kinds of tests
can't identify the smell. Someone suggested a carbon filter will help.
Does anyone know anything about carbon filters and could help me of
whether they are a good product to have or not ? Do they build up alot
of germs in the filter?
Thanks.

I use carbon filters for drinking water. We get some swampy odor at times
from the town water. Sure makes a huge difference in taste. As good as any
bottled stuff. I use a whole house type filter with the large cartridge,
but you can try out one of the sink faucet jobs to see how it works for you.
I don't filter all the water, just for drinking/cooking in the kitchen and
refrigerator.