Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default shower drain to long

wrote:
My upstairs shower drain pipe broke about a year ago and we fixed it.
We found out that the pipe in the floor is hitting the drywall in the
ceiling below. we notched out the dry wall to allow room for the pipe
but now it happened again. I was sitting in the family room and a
water fall came down from the ceiling. What else can we do? Is there
a different pipe we should try and use or a different way to dry wall?
I do not know what else we can do?

Hi,
Maybe your shower base is not solid enough. It flexes causing pipe move
vertically. If that's the case, a shoddy workmanship whoever built your
house or installed the shower.