Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default Exterior water spigot broken

In article Fmz3h.261452$5R2.145462@pd7urf3no,
Noozer wrote:

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
. ..
If I have nothing, no hose connected to it at all, and turn on the spigot
the water will jet out as well in addition to the water shouting out of
the end. That was not happening before they used it for pressure washing.

The hose I connected to it is open ended on the other side with no kink in
the hose. There can be no back pressure as far as I can see.

Can you suggest a way to fix this or do I need to call a professional
plumber?

That looks like an anti-siphon valve and it just may be worn out. You should

Likewise, what's an anti-siphon valve, why is it needed,
and how does it work?

THANKS!

David

be able to remove it with a large pipe wrench, Take it to the hardware store
and find a replacement.

Also, any chance that there is a rubber washer missing inside of the black
fitting?