Posted to alt.home.repair
car crash car crash is offline

Default Light in stairwell

Its a finished basement..its going to cost a heck of a lot more than
$65 to install an outlet and run the wire for a finished basement.

Rich wrote:
car crash wrote:
I just moved into a new house in Ontario, Canada. I noticed that in
my stairwell from the main floor to the basement there is no light.
The only light is at the bottom of the stairwell about 1 foot from the
first step. I talked to my builder and he says by code that's all
that's required. The stairwell is very dark even with that light and
that fact that its a 90 degree stairwell means that the top portion is
almost totally dark even with the light on at the bottom.

Can someone clarify that the code states that no light is required in
the stairwell ?
Thanks.

Can't confirm the code but it's your neck ,at $65 per outlet last time I had
a house built it is well worth adding one now.

YMMV, Rich