Posted to alt.home.repair
keeena keeena is offline

Default Attic shingle nails wet (condensation) - looking for list of solutions

Malcolm,
I think the idea is that the air in the living area is working its way
into the attic. It then condenses on the cold metal nails in the
attic. Its doing this in a large enough volume to cause my problem.
In most cases, it probably occurs normally with much smaller volumes of
air and is normally managed via soffit/ridge venting (in a perfect
world, no interior air would escape).

I noted a few things I can do to help seal up some holes. My concern
is that I may not have thought of all leaks...on top of the fact that
the attic insulation / vapor barrier may not be up to par. I'm waiting
to see if someone chimes in on how my attic insulation was installed
and if its sufficient.

I unfortunately don't have waterfront property.

-K