Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

Default basement insulation

In article . com,
says...

I have an unfinished basement. These types of cinder block walls tend
to seep water. Allthough the wall will be sealed again, I have to
decide on the proper way to insulate them after or before drywall is
put up. I have seen where solid foam sheets have been put up against
the blocks before wall framing. i have also seen regular fiberglass
used to unsulate. I don't see major problems with the wall after i get
control of the outside drainage. Only one wall may be problematic. i
need to start this job!!??

gs

The Building Sience Corp covers this thoroughly at:

http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner.htm

--
Dennis