Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Fixing metal to plastic

On 2006-11-21 18:48:21 +0000, "tim\(yet another new home\)"
said:

I can see that everyone's confused.

The flat is rented and the washing machine is supplied
by the landlord.

But the item is down in the inventory as undamaged.

In fac,t it says slight mildrew on inner seal so I can't
even claim that they didn't check.

So, my fiver says that the landlord will say that I broke
it and send me the bill.

tim

I think that you are being unecessarily negative and assuming an
adversarial position before yo have tested his reaction. You don't
need to do that.

Simply tell his that the thing has failed and ask him to arrange repair.

If he then makes accusations that you broke it, then is the time to be
adversarial.