Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheeky Git!

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:54:54 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Hi All

Just got the new Yellow Pages and looked under Handyman to check the
competition. Amazed to find www.kent-handyman.co.uk who appears to have
stolen his wording directly from my web site!

He has even stolen my price structure! Not only that, he uses the phrase
The Medway Handyman in his meta tags.

Cheeky git!

Apart from bricking his windows - what can I do about it? Intellectual
property theft?

This is awful - I just contacted the wrong person by mistake!!

I phoned 08708031586 and opened the conversation by saying am I
talking to the Medway Handyman - the gentleman said that I was. I
then explained that this was surprising as I thought I had phoned the
number of the kent-handyman. He then admitted that he was not the
same person.
I explained at some length how I though that parts of his website were
directly lifted from the Medway Handyman's site. He said that it was
pure coincidence - I expressed my disbelief.

I hope that others don't make the same mistake which I made.

Please make sure that if you want to contact the kent-handyman you
contact him via:
Telephone: 08708031586
Mobile: 07793232039
Email:

(It is probably not a good idea to post his e-mail address of
as search robots for the spammers may pick it
up)