Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ephedralover@hotmail.com is offline

Default Formica Counter Top

marybeth wrote:
My new (1 yr old) formica counter top is seperating along the brown
seam line. The seam line is on the top of the backsplash, - where the
upright or vertical backsplash meets a finish strip of formica laid
across the top of the backsplash.

The seam is opening up, apparently from water, and I'd like to know how
to seal it to prevent any further damage. I don't see how it could be
squeeezed back together again, unless it was removed and then put in
glue clamps, which is a lot of work. A backsplash should not be so
easily affected by water.

Thanks for your help.

Heavy duty Liquid Nails and something heavy on top of it while it
cures. A weight, or dumbell, etc.