Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Beachcomber Beachcomber is offline

Default What Electrical Wiring to Install after Stripping Walls to Studs?

On 21 Nov 2006 15:13:44 GMT, wrote:

In alt.engineering.electrical Joseph Meehan wrote:
| Mike wrote:
| Hi, I'm removing paneling and one inch foam isolation from all
| interior walls on the first floor of my rowhouse.
| Since the walls will be striped to the studs I'll have a good
| opprotunity to install wiring. Some years ago the original hot water
| radiors were removed and electrical baseboard heat installed, also it
| appears the
| wiring was upgraded to three prong outlets. So far, I'm
| thinking I want to install speaker wiring for a home theater setup,
| cat6 for computer networking and VOIP.
| What Else do you recommend I install? A buddy told to install wiring
| for a media center box in the basement
| but I don't know what he's talking about.

Let's see... You might want

Telephone, intercom, burglar alarms, fire alams, panic buttons, CCTV
security cam cables, cable TV, satellite TV, antena cables, door
strike controls, doorbell, computer (cat 6 + router placement), stereo
distribution (line level + spkr cables), annuciator circuits (for the
butler & other servants), & emergency genset control cables....

Plus... I'd run some general purpose fiber-optic cable for who knows
what in the next 20 years...

Beachcomber