Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
M Berger M Berger is offline

Default Gift idea help????

A vernier caliper with voice synthesizer for reading out dimensions.

Mike Burr wrote:
You guys might be able to help me with a quest. I need some help in
coming up with a gift idea for an Inlaw. I'm not sure what I can make
for a family member that was a very good wood worker up until he lost
his vision a little over a year ago. He is going through school to
learn how to deal with it and only views it as a setback. He's even
considering going through the wood working classes that they have at his
school. He and I get along fairly well and I would like to make him
something that he not only would appreciate as a wood worker, but could
also find useful. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Mike