Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Missing Posts

James Hawkins wrote:
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:50:07 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I keep missing the OP in a thread and some complete threads -
although I can see them online.

I'm using OE6 - would that be it? Would I be better off using
Firefox to read NG's?

Could be a combination of a short keep-time on your news server and a
not-regular-enough connect frequency by you. If your news server only
keeps messages for e.g. 3 days after arrival you need to connect at
least this frequently to not miss posts (or change news server).

I'm confused now. I get on to the group every day.

OTOH, does OE perhaps have an automatic deletion schedule? E.g
perhaps it deletes read posts after 5 days. If so that may be
removing the earlier posts in a thread.

Nope, I can see threads tha go back ages.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman