Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiring a light to a socket

JavaEnquirer wrote:

Hi,

I've just had a shed built and the builder has run the lighting for the
shed off the power circuit that
he fed in there. The power circuit looks fine - essentially an
extension of the power circuit in the utility room. The shed has been
built onto the utility room.

I expressed concern, but the builder has assured me that it is
perfectly fine to power a light off a power circuit. Is he right?

many thanks in advance.

For storage space only it doesnt matter, but if youre likely to use
power tools there I would object, as you'll be plunged into farkness
the moment your tool develops a dangerous fault, and is doing 20,000
rpm.

PS what is farkness? Well, its like darkness only far darker. Its when
you really can not see a single thing anywhere. Unlike ordinary
darkness, when there are lights on in other rooms and you can see just
about.

NT