Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo Geo is offline

Default Wiring a light to a socket

On 21 Nov 2006 09:54:26 -0800, "JavaEnquirer"
wrote:

I've just had a shed built and the builder has run the lighting for the
shed off the power circuit that
he fed in there. The power circuit looks fine - essentially an
extension of the power circuit in the utility room. The shed has been
built onto the utility room.

I expressed concern, but the builder has assured me that it is
perfectly fine to power a light off a power circuit. Is he right?

Possibly no problem for him electricky-wise - but if your electric tool slips,
does you some damage and trips the breaker you will be left in the dark...

Geo