Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default What Electrical Wiring to Install after Stripping Walls to Studs?

Mike wrote:
Hi, I'm removing paneling and one inch foam isolation from all
interior walls on the first floor of my rowhouse.
Since the walls will be striped to the studs I'll have a good
opprotunity to install wiring. Some years ago the original hot water
radiors were removed and electrical baseboard heat installed, also it
appears the
wiring was upgraded to three prong outlets. So far, I'm
thinking I want to install speaker wiring for a home theater setup,
cat6 for computer networking and VOIP.
What Else do you recommend I install? A buddy told to install wiring
for a media center box in the basement
but I don't know what he's talking about.

Thanks,

Mike

Don't install wire. Install conduits. You don't know what you will
want or need five years from now, but if you have a conduit you should be
able to run almost anything technology comes up with.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit