Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Can you give me an idea about computer shelf?

AKA gray asphalt wrote:
I need a shelf to hold 3 CRT monitors above my existing desk. It
needs to extend about 36" from a normal house wall and hold the
weight of the monitors. Is that enough to go on? The monitors are 2
19" and 1 21 inch. I guess they weigh about 40 lbs each. It would be
a pain to access below or behind the current desk.
I appreciate your help as always,
-)

I would guess you are doing color critical graphic work (photographs?)
If not the suggestion to move to LCD's would be good.

If you want CRT's (some of the newer LCDs really do have great color
capabilities) then I suggest looking at some of the larger TV supply sources
and find a wall mount for TV's

Another possibility is to build small tables to hold the monitors on the
desk.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit