Posted to rec.woodworking
Burgy Burgy is offline

Default How to murder people with wood?

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:27:45 -0600, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

Prometheus (in ) said:

| The problem is a gnat dressed up in giants' clothing to give
| us all something to hate and fear.

Hate is a drain on our strength that we can ill-afford. Fear is
nothing more than a non-intellectual notification of danger - to be
recognized and dealt with in the most rational and effective way
possible.

| They can hurt us from time to
| time, but they cannot break and enslave our country- we have to do
| that ourselves. *That* is how the terrorists win.

Well said. We've been hurt in the past and it's inevitable that we'll
be hurt again. Someone once said: "That which doesn't kill us outright
makes us stronger." I think that'll remain true as long as there are
enough who say: "Not on *my* watch!" - and I don't think we have any
shortage of such people.

Nor do I, though I often wish more of the people would participate.
There are a whole lot of folks who would get on the rooftops of every
town and city in the nation with guns, (and even rocks, if need be,)
to repel a foreign invader. Now if only there were some way to get
that same attitude applied to participation in the general political
discussion, we'd be doing very well.

All that participation might not always lead to what I hope for, but
it would certainly be better than the general apathy most seem to have
regarding our collective political obligations. I can't even begin to
count the numbers of people whom I have heard complain about the
government, only to follow that bellyaching with the statement that
they don't vote- missing the obvious point that if they don't, someone
else will.

The problem is not lack of participation in the general political
discussion, it's that the politicians in the US have stacked the deck so
that anybody who is neither an incumbent nor a member of one of the two
major parties is at a serious disadvantage. And history has shown that
both parties when they are in control do pretty much the same thing, find
new and creative ways to buy votes and line their pockets.

True, as evidenced by the way they all rushed to jam through the 'new world
order'(nafta and wt). We are governed by a bunch of elite class wanabees.
The problem is, they are too dumb to realiize that the real elite class of
the world won't even talk to these clowns. They just make fun of them while
they take over the US economy. In another 20 years, there will be no
'America' as we old farts grew up in. Actually, that is already gone. The
America my father fought for in WWII is dead. We are going to be a 3rd world
country, the real purpose of the above.
It is still necessary to vote, if for nothing else than to keep up the ruse
that it actually makes a difference who is in the whitehouse. And always try
to pick the 'lessor of the two evils' or evil of the two lessors which seems
more accurate...
Elections are just a game the 'elite wanabees' play with us to keep us at
each others throats so we won't unite and go after them. The very same thing
the Muslims in power do. They keep their followers hating us so thay won't
go after the real people keeping them in the gutter.

It has removed 2999 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!