Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Trim router base

SimonLW wrote:
I have a Ridgid laminate trimmer. It has a small round base (like a mini
router). I find is somewhat difficult to balance the router on the edge of
the work and trim. I'd like to remove the clear base that came with it and
make a rectangular base that is easier to balance. The base needs to be low
friction and long wear. I'm assuming nylon is the best material to buy?
Thanks

1/4" Lexan would be great.

I make lots of router bases with 1/4" tempered hardboard, the hardboard
that's smooth on both sides. A little wax helps it grove and should
protect from wear.