Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Mike is offline

Default Sharpen drill bit on a drill press

RayV wrote:
snip
Unless I'm missing something doing it that way would give me the same
results as the grinder jig and probably the DD too.

You might get a bit of flex in the drill bit by bringing it down on a
slanted stone - especially with smaller bits.

I received a low end Drill Doctor for christmas last year. I hadn't
bought one for myself because I was skeptical about it. After using it,
I am completly sold on it - great product. Once you are familiar with
using it, it only takes about 30 seconds to sharpen a bit and the bit
is better than new. Definately worth the price (especially when it's
free!!).

Mike