Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Help, how do I dry out wet camcorder?

On 16 Nov 2006 20:27:23 -0800, wrote:

Recently I took a JVC Hard Disk Camcorder model GZ-MG37U out near
the beach on a very stormy day. A huge ocean wave came up and threw

I wouldn't take good stuff, electronic or mechanical, anywhere near
the ocean, or other bodies of sal****er, even if I didn't get it wet.
If I didn't have a camera, I wouldn't have pictures anyhow.

When I had a sal****er aquarium, I would find salt on the out sides of
it and on the desk I kept it on, even though no one was touching the
tank except me, and I wasn't spilling any water.

I guess somehow it evaporates and condenses outside the tank. Isn't
there an expression, or did I make it up, about salt in the air?

I can't offer any helpful advice in this case, however. Sorrry

Ben

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)