Posted to alt.home.repair
Mort Guffman Mort Guffman is offline

Default Anyone know a good fix for this?

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 03:20:39 GMT, "lee houston"
wrote:

"Mort Guffman" wrote in message
.. .
I was at a friend's house yesterday and saw this happen.

She went into the garagefrom the house and the door closed behind her.
She couldn't get back in. The lock was unlocked but it broke. Turning
the knob wouldn't retract the bolt.

another quick option is to remove the pins from the door
hinges and open the door from the 'hinge side'. i.e, pulling
it offf the hinges and pulling the whole door away from
the latched side.

lee

This is what I finally had to do (remove the pinsm pry the door open).
When I finally got it apart the bolt was jammed open. The locketset
brand was "Defiant".

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions!

Mort