Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Gym Bob Gym Bob is offline

Default BEWARE ZILLER ELECTRIC!!

I was burned by SC Solar from South Carolina on a similiar issue. They
sold me insurance (phoney) on the product also and the shipping
carrier does not offer insurance as an option.
Then I was convinced to ship the damaged panel back for credit and the
owner then sold all his stock to another owner and won't talk about
it. Now I am out the cost of returning it and the cost of the panel,
not to mention the taxes coming into Canada. I have no proof of
returning it for the tax credit either.

Yup SC Solar ripped me off for a broken solar panel. For all I know it
was shipped that way.

Big lesson, open the packages, if necessary and mark it on the
paperwork, at the point of first touching it.

"Nate" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a 16KW aluminum generator from Ziller Electric.
came home from work to meet the shipper and inspected the package...
cardboard, pallet, etc all looked fine. We carefully placed the
pallet
in my garage and I returned to work. About a week later I decided
do an inventory in order to make plans for installation. After
lifting
the cardboard cover and inspecting the internals, I walk to the rear
and find that the rear panel is pushed in exactly where the flex
conduit is stored during shipment. Something obviously pushed on
the
rear of the unit and dented the panel and two of the air louvers.

I called Ziller twice and left voicemail both times. After not
receiving a return call, I called a third time and, upon speaking
with
their manager, was immediately told that "I had signed for it". I
asked for a replacement or someone to come replace the panel and was
basically told to take it up with the shipper. I started to get
upset
at this point and the manager actually started laughing at me on the
phone. Nice customer service.

I honestly wouldn't expect anyone to completely unpack a 500 lb
generator while the shipper is sitting in the driveway but that's
Ziller's stance. I'm in the process of taking this up with both my
credit card company and Generac so we'll see what happens.