Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Morse Morse is offline

Default -27volts from a PC power supply

wrote in message
ups.com...
Morse wrote:

Seriously, this is not a very wise idea- there are safety issues to
consider. While it may well be made to work, until there's a problem
somewhere- PC PSUs are capable of supplying massive currents and will
dump
30+ amps into a short circuit before shutting down or self destructing.
In
the event of a fault on your DVD recorder's main PCB this will vapourise
PCB
tracks, explode ICs and maybe melt wiring etc, not good unless you like
fireworks from your AV gear!.

Oh, so we can add visualisations to our older gear?

Yes, but leave the cover off or you won't get the full benefit! ;-)

Morse