Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Craftsman 10" T-Saw.... Back on line --- Slightly improved

"bremen68" wrote in message
ups.com...

-- One of the biggest additions - I ditched the old fence and have
installed a new Align-a-rip 24/24 fence. WOW, I realize it's not an
Incra, but compared to the original fence it's wonderful. I was going
to align it to be 12/36 but didn't have the room so it's still 24/24

Congratulations on the fence. I have the same fence on my Model 100 and
I've loved it since I put it on. Trust the calibrations. I've never had
the scale lie to me once and though it took a while to develop a complete
trust in it, I now don't even consider putting a tape to the blade. IMHO,
this fence is one of the best buys in the tool world market.

And trust me I understand that Craftsman ain't Delta, Jet, or Saw-Stop
(had to add that last one)... I've spent maybe $50 total on all the
changes and I fully intend on upgrading to a better saw eventually,
right now this is the one I have and it's doing pretty well....

Depending on what model your saw is - if it's an old Model 100, there is
nothing wrong with that saw. It's every bit as good as anything in its
class. Don't sell that saw short.

--

-Mike-