Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
raden raden is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

In message , Joe Fischer
writes
On Mon, 20 Nov Matt wrote:

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 13:54:56 -0500, Joe Fischer
wrote:
In the immediate future, global warming is
not the scary thing, volcanic activity on the continent
of Antarctica should be the most feared thing by
property owners in low lying coastal areas.

I hate to break the news to you but there is volcanic activity in
Antarctica. In fact Mount Erebus is classified as a stratovolcano,
the same as Krakatoa and Mount St Helens and we all know what a bang
they made.

Do SUV's float?

For a little while, if you don't open a door or window.

It is difficult to imagine how just the ice sheet on
Greenland could raise sea level so much if it melts, but
somebody did the math.

Maths ...

IIRC 76 metres

And there is something that skews the data on
sea level rising, over the last 300 years, dams have been
built that reduced or delayed runoff into the ocean,
and about all the dams that can be built, have been built.

Joe Fischer

--
geoff