Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What Planet are they on?

Hi All

There I was flipping through a copy of "The House Book"
http://www.amazon.com/House-Book-Edi.../dp/0714839841 at a
customers place today. I happened upon the "Refurbish Your Kitchen"
section.

It suggested replacing kitchen cabinet doors using Beech veneered MDF. It
was apparently easy!

"Cut to size using a handsaw" it said. No mention of chipping the veneer,
or getting a straight cut. No mention of what to do about the edges.

"Drill new holes for concealed hinges using a spade bit". No mention of
what to do about the point breaking through.

"Mark handle positions using a spirit level". The pictures showed a door on
a bench, with the handle positions being marked with a combination square.
The 'What You Need' box said you needed a spirit level, no mention of a
square.

Who writes these books?

--
Dave