Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
cynic cynic is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

John Beardmore wrote:

In message . com, cynic
writes

How does your horizontal tube set up an internal convection to transfer
collected heat to the header at the top? I simply cannot visualise your
layout unless it has an entirely different arrangement/principal to mine

You mean you have an ET system with an unpumped primary ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore

The first stage in the collection is twenty vertical tubes with partial
pressure fluid inside. These "plug-in" to a series of copper sockets
sealed into a top horizontal manifold tube thus can be changed without
depressurising if so needed. The manifold has a pt1000 temperature
sensor which monitors the temperature and if the differential between
manifold and cylinder is sufficient the controller runs the circulation
pump. If the top region of the cylinder is above a set point the pump
is inhibited. Among other points I am awaiting the right weather to
study is the effect of long periods of sunshine with the cylindewr up
to temperature. There is no heat dump facility but if needed I could
provide one relatively simply.