Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default BEWARE ZILLER ELECTRIC!!

Nate wrote:
I recently purchased a 16KW aluminum generator from Ziller Electric. I
came home from work to meet the shipper and inspected the package...
cardboard, pallet, etc all looked fine. We carefully placed the pallet
in my garage and I returned to work. About a week later I decided to
do an inventory in order to make plans for installation. After lifting
the cardboard cover and inspecting the internals, I walk to the rear
and find that the rear panel is pushed in exactly where the flex
conduit is stored during shipment. Something obviously pushed on the
rear of the unit and dented the panel and two of the air louvers.

I called Ziller twice and left voicemail both times....

I honestly wouldn't expect anyone to completely unpack a 500 lb
generator while the shipper is sitting in the driveway but that's
Ziller's stance. I'm in the process of taking this up with both my
credit card company and Generac so we'll see what happens.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. It's the shipper you should
file the claim against and you _certainly_ should have looked long
before a week went by. Unfortunately, by not noting on the ticket the
inspection was external crate condition only, you _may_ have some
difficulty in making the claim for hidden damages, but that's still
what you must do. And, again, by having waited for over a week by now,
you certainly haven't made your chances of getting satisfaction any
better.

Whatever, it _isn't_ Ziller's responsibility although it is nice when a
vendor does go the extra mile to file the freight damage claim for you
as many will. I don't know who Ziller is, but I'm guessing it may have
been a case of you found the cheapest internet source you could find
and now are surprised they aren't the most helpful in service. There's
usually a reason for a vendor who is cheaper than some alternatives
being that way...