Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Electrical in Old House for Low Voltage Fixture

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:21:21 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:19:54 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

..

Someone needs to measure the voltage at the transformer (voltage
in and voltage out). Remember that using a digital meter can result
in measuring AC voltages that are really not there.

A high impedance source. The voltage is really there, but the source
has a VERY low load capacity.

True. Voltage but almost zero current potential.

Possibly leading to inconsistent readings on different ranges of an
analog meter (meter causes a different load on each range).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin