Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair

Default BEWARE ZILLER ELECTRIC!!

"Nate" wrote in message
upon speaking with
their manager, was immediately told that "I had signed for it". I
asked for a replacement or someone to come replace the panel and was
basically told to take it up with the shipper. I started to get upset
at this point and the manager actually started laughing at me on the
phone. Nice customer service.

I honestly wouldn't expect anyone to completely unpack a 500 lb
generator while the shipper is sitting in the driveway but that's
Ziller's stance. I'm in the process of taking this up with both my
credit card company and Generac so we'll see what happens.

Why are you not taking it up with the carrier? They are the ones
responsible and they have insurance to cover damaged goods. While the Ziller
guy may have been bad mannered, he is correct. It is your responsibility to
contact the carrier and make a claim. Some companies will go the extra mile
to help you, but they have no obligation to do so.

That said, you should have opened the crate the same or next day. Waiting a
week does make it more difficult to get you point across. How can you prove
it was not banged in your garage?