Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Don Don is offline

Default BEWARE ZILLER ELECTRIC!!

"Nate" wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a 16KW aluminum generator from Ziller Electric. I
came home from work to meet the shipper and inspected the package...
cardboard, pallet, etc all looked fine. We carefully placed the pallet
in my garage and I returned to work. About a week later I decided to
do an inventory in order to make plans for installation. After lifting
the cardboard cover and inspecting the internals, I walk to the rear
and find that the rear panel is pushed in exactly where the flex
conduit is stored during shipment. Something obviously pushed on the
rear of the unit and dented the panel and two of the air louvers.

I called Ziller twice and left voicemail both times. After not
receiving a return call, I called a third time and, upon speaking with
their manager, was immediately told that "I had signed for it".

must have been damaged while in your custody because shipper has a signed
delivery receipt saying it was ok when left with you. maybe your insurance
will cover it happening on your property.

asked for a replacement or someone to come replace the panel and was
basically told to take it up with the shipper. I started to get upset
at this point and the manager actually started laughing at me on the
phone. Nice customer service.

I honestly wouldn't expect anyone to completely unpack a 500 lb
generator while the shipper is sitting in the driveway but that's
Ziller's stance. I'm in the process of taking this up with both my
credit card company and Generac so we'll see what happens.