Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Methelene / Methylene Chloride Stain (Drinking Bird Dropped on Sheet Vinyl Floor)

On 19 Nov 2006 18:16:46 -0800, wrote:

My son had (as in not anymore) one of those 'Drinking Bird' novelties -
which I now find out is a glass vial filled with Methelene (Methylene)
Chloride mixed with a red dye. The vial broke & we now have a one foot
red patch on our white vinyl floor.

I immediately tried various chemicals (Acetone, Goof Off,and Siege - a
degreaser) to try to clean it up - but it appears the Methelene
Chloride evaporated immediately - leaving the red dye firmly implanted
in the formerly white vinyl floor.

Any tips on how to proceed?

Get more of the same stuff, and paint a compass rose
over that spot, converting the stain to a decoration.

(Note to self. WHite floors are not compatible with
pets, children, or work...)

--Goedjn