Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Andy is offline

Default "Twisty" fluorescent bulbs

wrote:
"Andy" wrote:

Andy comments:

I use them in the summer time when I have to have air conditioning.

In the winter time, I replace them with 100W incandescents.....

Andy in Eureka, Texas

I'm going to try the above strategy as well since I
live in north Missouri and winters are cold here.

Do you buy just the reg incandescent? Not halogen or
anything?

Andy comments:

It doesn't matter. Electric lights are 100% heat, as they require
no
outside air to come intot the house to emit energy. I like a lot of
light. In the winter,
they supplement my heat --- In the summer , they oppose my air
condx...so
I minimize the sources.

Twenty five cents for a 100 watt bulb is a good space heater. Even
cheaper, joule for joule, than space heaters.... If you like halogen,
get
halogen --- it all ends up as heat energy after it bounces off the
walls
a dozen times.... Whatever is the least expensive, tho the differences
in cost are minimal.

Andy in Eureka , registered PE and retired
engineer