Robert Sturgeon

Default OT-John Kerry

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:20:57 GMT, "Jeff McCann"
wrote:

"Robert Sturgeon" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:03:48 GMT, John Husvar
wrote:

(snips)

Maybe isolationism wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"Isolation" was what the detractors called neutrality, the
policy Washington and Jefferson urged us to follow. Of
course, neutrality doesn't allow for world-wide empire, so
the politicians had to ditch it, starting in 1898, if not
before. By the New Deal, the chattering class had consigned
neutrality to the dust bin of history.

As usual, factually correct.

Thanks. I try to stick to facts instead of going off on a
rant, as is the usual usenet procedure. I don't always
succeed.

--
Robert Sturgeon,
proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy