Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
John Beardmore John Beardmore is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"John Beardmore" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

Given that the only realistic saving is in hot water (an optimistic
70%),
not house heating (when it's REALLY required)

I wonder what is thought of as REALLY required.

Our thermostat is set at 10C - that is, the thermostat is wound to its
lowest setting. When it comes on in the night, as it did last night when
we
had a frost, it's too hot for us.

Turn down the boiler then ?

I've turned off the bedroom RTV.

But that doesn't answer what is REALLY required in terms of house heating.
Most houses I go into seem to have the thermostat at 25C, the inhabitants
wear minimal clothing.

Hmm... I can't get our family under 18...

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore