Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default 60kg hanging 26" from the wall - what anchor to use :-)

"." wrote in message
John wrote:

It just strikes me that some of the replies you've received up to now are
maybe a bit OTT.

agreed.

Surely it entirely depends on how confident you are in the properties of the
bricks. You've got about 50 kg horizontal force trying to pull the top ones
straight out. A single one inch number six into reasonable softwood would do
the job. But I've seen meaty frame fixings loosened in good blockwork by
variable forces. What's the telly worth! FWIW I think I would either go for
resin, or find a way of lengthening the vertical base (e.g. a sheet of 18 mm
ply).