Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default sump pump delay switch

Paul Oman wrote:
my sump pump is in an earthen pit and ground water seeps in causing the
electronic float switch to cycle on and off about every 90 seconds. I am
looking for a delay off switch that would delay the pump from turning
off for 10 or 15 seconds so that the of-off cycling would be greatly
reduced. Cannot find such a 'delay' switch / electrical plug. Any ideas?

paul

put the sensor in small cup that has a small hole in the bottom, such
that the cup can fill quickly with water over the top of the cup when
water is filling the sump. then when the pump starts the pump will
drain the wate out of the sump and the cup will SLOWLY drain through
the small hole in the bottom of the cup, the pump will continue to run
until the cup is empty...

you can control the dely with the size of the hole in the bottom of the
cup...

Mark