Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default "Twisty" fluorescent bulbs

---MIKE--- wrote:
These bulbs are supposed to last much longer than incandescent types. I
have had several of them give up the ghost way too soon (the last was a
Philips brand). Has anyone else had this problem?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I had an issue with bulbs having very short life in a ceiling fan that
was run more or less constantly; I replaced the bulb with a fluorescent
and it too burned out quickly. However the second fluorescent as far
as I know is still in there and working fine. I'm guessing the
vibration of the fan was causing the incandescents to fail, not sure
why the first fluorescent failed.

I also used one of the fluorescents in a blast cabinet that just ate
light bulbs, that seems to be working out well.

nate