Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Electrical in Old House for Low Voltage Fixture

A transformer will change the voltage to either 12 or 24 volts depending
upon fixture. A rectifier would convert it from AC to DC, but I don't
believe any low voltage fixtures need DC

"6zbeast via HomeKB.com" u29345@uwe wrote in message
Thanks! I have a voltage meter, one of the analog ones. I will have to
test
it. Now a dumb question. Regular voltage in a house is AC 120 right?
Does
the low voltage transformer change it to DC? And it it DC 5, 10 or 20?

RBM wrote:
With the switch "on", you have to test the terminals of the track to see
if
you have 120 volts. If you do, the issue is with the transformer or
fixture,
if not, it would be an open circuit, possibly at the switch

I was hoping somebody could help. I have installed a low voltage fixture
in

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Any ideas?