Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Methelene / Methylene Chloride Stain (Drinking Bird Dropped on Sheet Vinyl Floor)

You will not be able to remove the red stain IMHO.

Perhaps you can create an accent color "diamond" or add several to
disguise the repair. A contrasting insert will be a better
solution than trying to splice in even the original tile since the
floor has probably changed hue from age, cleaning, etc.
___________________________
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

wrote in message
ups.com...
My son had (as in not anymore) one of those 'Drinking Bird'
novelties -
which I now find out is a glass vial filled with Methelene
(Methylene)
Chloride mixed with a red dye. The vial broke & we now have a
one foot
red patch on our white vinyl floor.

I immediately tried various chemicals (Acetone, Goof Off,and
Siege - a
degreaser) to try to clean it up - but it appears the Methelene
Chloride evaporated immediately - leaving the red dye firmly
implanted
in the formerly white vinyl floor.

Any tips on how to proceed?

Thanks, Cindy