Posted to alt.electronics
Wombat-Pipex-News Wombat-Pipex-News is offline

Default No RF input on a TV.

What about this option.
Is there such a thing as a stand alone uhf converter.
so I can fead in AV to the converter then from the converter to the UHF
input.?
Similar to the old amiga Modulators.?
would work out cheaper than buying several VCRs.

Regards
Wombat.

"Art" wrote in message
. ..
would require modification of the product, probably not cost effective.
"Wombat-Pipex-News" wrote in message
Hi all, Id like to pick your brains if pos.
Ive just bought x2 5.5" TVs for next to nothing. £4 in total actual.
Which I thought was a bargain.
My question is regarding an Video input.
These little TVs only have an external UHF input, which would be fine if
I wanted to use a VCR with them, but I dont.
I was hoping to connect to them via a RF/Video input which there aint the
option. :-/
I was wondering is there any part actualy missing in the TV for that
option, or should I be able to tap into a line, around the bottom of the
tuner circuit.?
I've looked inside it and there is the main board at the bottom, then a
second board on its side, which i take to be the tuner board.
These things also have a built in radio, and I think the Tuner board also
is that. Coz I can see the little Antena.
Would there be an input point at the base of the tuner card, where I
could add an input feed.?

Im not bothered if these things get busted due to pocking around inside
coz they only cost a few quid, but it would be nice to be able to use
them for CCTV type things.

Regards
Wombat.